CLIENT INTAKE PROCESS
- Milwaukee County resident: age 60+
- Waukesha County resident: age 60+ or 18+ with a disability
- Lives in an independent apartment or home
- Limited support system
- For transportation: able to ambulate independently or require limited assistance getting in/out of a vehicle
- Not currently receiving government entitlement program support
Clients and volunteers must take part in a background check to help keep everyone safe.
Eras staff or trained volunteers perform a final assessment, explain our services, and answer any questions.
- Milwaukee County: under 60
- Waukesha County: under 60 without a disability
- Lives in an assisted living facility
- Is enrolled in a long-term care program, such as Family Care or Iris
- For transportation: requires a wheelchair for transportation
- Problematic background check: reviewed on a case by case basis by Eras staff
- Has sufficient family support or other resources
- Other concerns: reviewed on a case by case basis by Eras staff
Volunteer Provided Services Include:
- Weekly friendly phone calls
- Delivery of weekly food pantry stock boxes
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Grocery Shopping
- Seasonal Yard Clean Up
Eras staff and Mobility Manager will refer individuals to other services. Staff will schedule a follow-up call.